|1. Warabi mochi powder/ Bracken Starch||100g|
|2. Water ||400 - 450ml|
|3. Sugar / Brown Sugar||100g|
|4. Toppings – Kinako||50g|
|5. Optional – Kuromitsu (Black Sugar Syrup)|
- Sprinkle & spread Kinako powder on a flat baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Warabi Mochi premix, sugar & water. Mix them together until dissolved and no lumps.
- Place mixture over medium heat in a pan until it starts to boil, then reduce heat then stir constantly for 5-10 minutes until mixture becomes transparent and thick.
- Ensure mixture does not overburnt.
- Remove the mochi and place it on the spread of Kinako Powder.
- Sprinkle more Kinako Powder on top of Mochi and keep in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Finished Warabi Mochi is usually not sticky.
- Cut to desired liking or size and enjoy